Rooms Professional Diploma Programme18 months - 3 Certificates
With this programme, trainees will acquire the competencies and knowledge required to be fully operational in different functions of the Rooms Division department, following the standards of a first-class hotel operation.
Trainees graduating from this programme will have the capacity to successfully work independently in the front-office or housekeeping operations and be well-equipped to enter the industry and reach a supervisory position in a short period of time.
Duration: 6 months per certification (2 days per week)
Classes are conducted in English
Share This Course
What you will learn
- Capable of identifying guest needs and delivering a positive experience to guests
- Aware of the importance of cleanliness, maintenance and laundry work as well as organizational tasks, including logistics for all back-of-the-house activities
- Effectively use a property management system to make reservations, perform check-ins and check-outs, manage bills and collect revenue
- Master the principles of hygiene and occupational safety
How classes are delivered
A blend of knowledge and skills trainings through:
- Digital learning which trainees need to complete before attending the physical class trainings
- Active learning activities in class facilitated by licensed trainers who are certified by EHL Advisory Services
- Guided practical sessions with supervision in a real front-office, housekeeping and laundry environment
"I really enjoyed my SIH experience. Trainers were very good, especially Mr George. Content was taught in detail and was easy to absorb. My SIH experience has helped me a lot in my profession and I will definitely bring what I've learnt back to my workplace!"
Halima Binte Mohd Ibrahim
Haniffa Pte Ltd