History & Contemporary Practice of Coffee & TeaIn Partnership wth Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (EHL)
- Up to 70% Subsidy
- Redeem SkillsFuture Credits
- Receive a EHL & WSQ certification
Course Dates: 20 & 27 June 2022 (Mon)
Duration: 2 days (16hrs), 9am to 5pm
Location: Singapore Institute of Hospitality
Fees: $530 (Excl. GST)
Share This Course
Who Is This For:
Elaborate on the different principles of verbal and non-verbal communication.
Identify verbal and non-verbal communication cues when interacting with customers and colleagues.
Describe the concept of active listening.
Analyse the communication styles of various cultures.
Examine different sources of stress and anxiety when communicating with others.
What You Will Learn:
- Describe the history of coffee and tea.
- Examine social and cultural meaning as well as consumption patterns of coffee and tea along different eras and cultures.
- Name the characteristics of different types of coffee and tea and their origins.
- Analyze coffee and tea production from harvesting to packaging.
- List the steps of coffee and tea service.
- Apply the techniques to prepare different beverages prepared with coffee or tea as a base.
- Identify food offer to pair with coffee and tea.
- Identify glassware and various equipment used in coffee and tea preparation and service.
- Handle customers’ enquiries on coffee and tea.
- Practice coffee and tea preparation and service.
- Perform handwashing and machine-washing of glassware and various equipment used in coffee and tea preparation and service.
- Select different documents and checklists used in coffee and tea preparation and service.
Why You Should Register:
"I found this course to be very helpful and my overall experience at SIH to be extremely informative. What I've learnt here has really helped me to become better at my profession! I've truly enjoyed my time at SIH and I look forward to learning more!"
Full Time Barista